Hi ya’ll. Over here in the West we walk to our own drum beat. *Cough* which means that the end of August Brown Owls meet is now the first week in September. I could give you excuses like SWINE FLU but you know, I won’t.
Anywho. So we’re going to do an early September meet and we’re taking a leaf out of the Canberra owls and doing a freezer paper stenciling afternoon (thanks Canberra for the content!). The details:
Brown Owls Perth
Saturday 5 September, 2 to 4pm
Baby Goose, 945 Beaufort Street, Inglewood WA 6052, see map below
RSVP by leaving a comment.
You’ll need to bring:
- a photocopy/printout of a design you want to stencil
- something you want to stencil on to (t-shirt, tea towel, fabric),
- a pencil for tracing the design on to the freezer paper,
- an exacto or paper cutting knife, and
- a plastic lid or some kind of paint palette
- $2 for the room hire.
$3 will get you freezer paper, and access to fabric medium, paint (black, white, red, blue and yellow) and brushes.
Here are some great places to start looking for a stencil or for a bit of information about the process. Best to try something simple to start with.
View Baby Goose in a larger map