Brisbane Owls! It’s the one we’ve all been waiting for!
Bring your designs to life through the magic of screen printing! Once you have learned the basic principles of simple design and screen-printing, your home, family and friends can look forward to awesome gifts completely made by you – designed, printed and sewn up with love.
This three-hour class will be conducted by Catherine and Vanita of www.catandvee.com. We will start with drawing your designs onto A4 paper, then cut them out ready for the screens. We will then show you how to prepare your screens for printing, and start printing!
When: Sunday 23 June, 10:30am-1:30pm
Where: Imogen’s Art Space, 9 Morgan Terrace, Bardon
Your $90 class fee will include:
* screen (that will be yours to keep!!)
* squeegee (also yours to keep!!)
* four canvas panels for you to print your designs onto and take home
* use of all cat&vee supplies needed for screen printing – inks, paper, tape.
* information sheet with cat&vee tips, ideas and also local contact info for buying your own additional printing supplies
* contribution to room hire
Please note that Catherine and Vanita are very kindly donating their time to Brown Owls to keep costs so low for us! Thank you ladies
How to pay: You can pay by PayPal or direct deposit. Payment must be made by Friday 7 June to secure your spot. This will be a popular meet up with only ten spots available so RSVP as soon as possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Payment details will be provided when you RSVP.
What to bring:
* small cutting mat
* design ideas – simple ideas are best – think circles, lines, basic shapes. You will get so much more out of the class if you come prepared with a design idea or two.
* an apron would be a great idea
* hair dryer if you have one – to cut down on waiting times using shared dryers!
* lead pencil + black fine point marker (eg 0.5 point)
Screen-printing is a lot of fun, and it’s really awesome to see your designs leap from your head and into reality. You will leave the class with the skills and confidence to continue printing at home. We are looking forward to meeting you and having a fun afternoon!