to crochet this cute little penguin.
crochet meet up, all participants must know how to do single crochet. Crochet
basics and more amigurumi meet ups are planned for next year so if you’re new
to crochet don’t worry you won’t miss out!
When: Sunday 24 November, 10:30am-12:30pm
Where: Brisbane Square Library, 266 George Street, Brisbane CBD
What to bring:
– 8ply yarn in 4 colours for the penguin, any colours are fine. If you are fairly new to crochet it might be better to do the body of the penguin in a colour other than black so it’s easier to see the stitches. If you have yarn other than 8ply you would like to bring that’s fine as long as you have a crochet hook one size smaller than what is recommended on the yarn label.
– 2.5mm, 3mm or 3.5mm crochet hook. If you have a full set of crochet hooks bring them along as you may like to test out different sizes first depending on your gauge. The aim is for the gauge to be tight enough so that you can’t see the stuffing.
– Wool needle (I’ll bring some extras)
– Two 12mm black animal eyes. I will also bring some black felt and thread to make eyes to stitch on if the plastic eyes are difficult to find.
– A few handfuls of toy stuffing.
RSVP: As soon as possible by emailing email@example.com
The penguin is from the fantastic Fresh Stitches Free Beginner’s Guide to Amigurumi